Unarmed Private Investigator
To become a unarmed private investigator in the state of Washington you must apply to and receive an employment offer from a private investigation agency.
The General Requirements to become licensed are the following:
- All individual unarmed private investigators must be:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a United States citizen or resident alien.
- You must have no criminal convictions that directly relate to your capacity to perform the duties of a private investigator and/or hinders public safety.
- You must complete the pre-assignment training requirements.
How to Apply
You must submit:
- A completed Private Investigator License Application.
- The non-refundable application fee (check or money order payable to the Department of Licensing). As of 2012 this fee was $200.00.
- 1 completed fingerprint card. Electronic finger printing is recommended as there is less of a chance that the prints will be rejected from the state.