Private Investigator Requirements in the state of Wisconsin
- Like many other states, Wisconsin requires that you be employed by a private investigation agency before you can apply for your private investigation license.
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be insured by the hiring agency or be bonded for $2,000.
- If you live within the state you must submit your fingerprints electronically. To schedule an appointment call (866) 416-4896. You can also visit this website. The cost is $48.50 and is to be paid when the reservation is made.
- If you live outside of Wisconsin you can have fingerprints taken in your state and submit them with this Form
- Complete the Application (Form#469) for the Private Detective License
- Complete the Authorization for Release of FBI Information (Form # 2687)