Private Investigator – Individual/Qualified Agent
- Be 21 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States or lawfully entitled to remain and work in the United States.
- Be of good moral character and temperate habits.
- Have no conviction of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude or the illegal use or possession of a dangerous weapon.
- Undergo a criminal history background check through the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Nevada Highway Patrol (NHP) and California Department of Justice (CDOJ) if you have lived in or ever visited the State of California.
- Have 5 years (2,000 hours each year, totaling 10,000 hours) of investigativeexperience. An associate’s degree in Police Science or Criminal Justice is the equivalent of 8 months or 1,333 hours, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Police Science or Criminal Justice is the equivalent of 18 months or 3000 hours of experience. Experience must be certified by your employer on the forms provided in the application.
- Pass a one-hour written exam consisting of 50 questions with a score of 75% or better.
Application Processing Fee – Non-refundable $20 per application. Access online at our website: http://nevadapilb.glsuite.us Choose Applicants at the top of the page. Choose the application you wish to complete under Applications on the left side of the page.
Background Investigation Deposit — An applicant shall deposit with the board at the time of making an initial application for any license a fee of $750 for
the first category of license and $250 for each additional category of license
for which application is made, which must be applied to the cost of
conducting the investigation. An individual applicant who is a resident of
Nevada is liable for the entire cost of the investigation up to a maximum cost
of $1,500 for the first category of license and $500 for each additional
category of license for which application is made. A corporate applicant or
an individual applicant who is not a resident of Nevada is liable for the entire
cost of the investigation. The same applies for corporate applicants;
however, there is no cap on the cost of the investigation.
Examination – $100 per category – non-refundable
Abeyance Fee – $ 100.00 – per license – per year
Initial licensing – $500 – pro-rated
Annual License Renewal – $500.00 – per license – per year